Located near to the City Hall in Saranda, these ruins show that there was a large wealthy Jewish community in Oncheasmos ancient name for Saranda) during the 5th century AD. There was a community center and school in addition to religious activities. The floors have many different mosaics, including animals and also a menorah and other Jewish symbols, which proves that this was a synagogue. The buildings were destroyed either by an earthquake or by Slavic invasion. The synagogue had been converted into a basilica during the 6th century.
https://albaniayachtservices.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/5-Synagogue-Complex.jpg 1944 2592 korhan https://albaniayachtservices.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/albaniays-logo-dark-300x127.png korhan2018-06-29 10:51:122018-06-29 11:02:19Synagogue Complex